Monday, January 31, 2011

MIA

I am sorry that I have been missing for the past two weeks. The Lord and I needed some extra time together to sort through some junk that he revealed in my life. I had to cut out a lot of things that I used as distractions including blogging. But I'm back!

So much has happened in the past two week. After our week off from snow getting back into the grove of things proved quite difficult for teachers and students. But we are rolling into second semester. It is my goal this semester to love my students as Christ loves me. My humanities friends and I presented at the SCCTE (South Carolina Council for Teachers of English) Conference this past weekend in Kiawah. I learned many new strategies and techniques that I plan on implementing into my classroom as soon as possible (Edmodo, QR tags, and writing without words to name a few). Our presentation went great and we actually won an award for "Best Use of Theme"! Yay us! We had beautiful weather in Kiawah as well as great food. It was a nice time to remember why I went into education in the first place. It's very easy for teachers to get bogged down by all the must attend meetings, negative parent interaction, and other "paperwork" that comes with teaching that has little to do with being in classroom serving our students. I was inspired this weekend to be even more creative and take risks for my students benefit.

But probably the biggest piece of news that I have from the past two weeks is......



I AM GOING TO LONDON!!



I am going to London with World Changers International this summer. The Lord provided me with a way to go serve the college students of London with a group of college students from our ministry at Shandon. I couldn't be more excited. I have been praying about being involved with this trip since it was announced at the beginning school and was thrilled when it worked out for me to go. I am in the process of writing and sending out my support letter. I will have to raise at least $2300 to take care of the expenses of the trip, but I know the Lord will provide. Please join me in prayer for the city of London and the university campuses that we will be serving. In the near future I will be posting specific prayer requests regarding our trip.

2 comments:

  1. London!!!! That's super exciting! And the Lord will provide that money for sure! If you don't get it all after you send out letters, yard sales are a great way to raise some money, purge your house AND slip in the gospel when telling people wh you are having a yard sale :) Just an idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leigh. If the yard sale doesn't work out though, you could always consign!!!!! You know I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a day to hang out with you, clean out that beautiful house, organize, and consign things you don't need anymore. Then, just let the money add up:)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete