Saturday, January 15, 2011

Belated Delurking Day 2011



As I was reading through my favorite daily blogs, including Seeking Love First (formerly One Day at a Time with Leigh) I learned that yesterday was Delurking Day 2011. Delurking Day was created as a time for silent followers of blogs to reveal themselves to the blogs they follow  (You can read a whole article on it here, at BlogHer). Sounds kinda creepy I know (and the logo is just about the definition of creepy).  Everybody does the silent follower thing including bloggers themselves. We have a list of blogs we click through quickly and never think to respond to. Then we go have conversations with other bloggers about how we wish our readers would interact more with the blog through commenting.   We want to know our readers. I want to know who follows me, where you are from, what you like to do, how you found my blog, what you would like to see me write about etc. etc. But I can't know any of these things if you don't comment. Like my friend Leigh said, it does not freak me out I don't know you, don't know you well or didn't know you followed and I am sure other bloggers agree. So take a few minutes to introduce yourselves to your favorite blogs today!

1 comment: