Thursday, January 6, 2011

Praise Jesus!

Passion 2011 went down in Atlanta, Georgia earlier this week. I was unable to attend this year, but was able to watch the main sessions online. Boy were they powerful! Oddly enough I was also experiencing great amounts of anxiety from an unknown cause. I slept horrible, woke up sick, and cried all the way to work many times this week.

The first night Chris Tomlin led a song with a lyric, "All my fountains are in you". This single line kept rolling over and over in my head during my times of anxiety. I clung to the fact that everything I am is in him, glorifying him is my joy, and fear/anxiety is not a product of Christ.
  

As the week progressed the anxiety eased up and then today was a day of complete joy! I could not stop smiling and meditating on how blessed I truly am in the Lord. He has given me everything I could ever need or want. He created me to glorify him and when I am my joy is complete!

It's amazing how when we focus on Christ and do not dwell on our emotions or circumstances we are set free!

Thank you Jesus for freedom from anxiety! Thank you for holding me in times of fear! You are my rock and my foundation, my joy is in you!


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! It amazes me how easy it is to get caught up in how I feel and lose track of Christ's truth. I am so thankful that I get to work with someone like you who challenges and encourages me!

    ReplyDelete