Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What am I listening to now...

Ever wonder what your friends are listening to in their cars or on their ipods? Looking for new music? Here is what I am listening to right now (Mind you I have varied taste depending on my mood):



While Messenger was originally released June of 1999, Josh (my fantastic boyfriend), purchased it last week on itunes after losing it from his computer. I have been a fan of Edwin McCain for quite some time and this album has some great songs on it including: I'll Be, Anything Good About Me, Promise of You, and Do Your Thing.  


Passion's newest album Here for You was released March 4, 2011. This is the live album recorded from the Passion 2011 conference in Atlanta, GA. I was super excited for it to be released since I had watched the live feed of the conference from home since I couldn't be there! This is a great worship album that anyone would enjoy.



The album is another worship album that came out this year as well. Hillsong United released Aftermath February of this year. Yet again they have produced a fantastic live worship album. Be looking for some of these songs as well as songs from Here for You at Come to the Cross (Modern Night of Worship for Easter) this year at Shandon (Sunday April 17 at 7).


The last album I have to share with you the Sarah Bareilles' Kaleidoscope Heart, which was released last September. Being a fan of her previous album Little Voice I was excited to see what she had in store. Three of my favorite songs on this album are Uncharted, Hold My Heart, and King of Anything.

I wish I could be more analytical about the music or the lyrics, but that is not my forte (it's definitely Josh's, maybe I can get him to write a guest post :)). This is just music I enjoy listening to.

What are your favorite albums, artists, or songs currently?


4 comments:

  1. i am such a "boring" music-listener! i play the same things over and over and over. the thing i usually put on while cooking or cleaning is the moulin rouge soundtrack. then if i need to relax or unwind i put on norah jones or frank sinatra. (other favorite include taylor swift, sara bareilles, the beatles and elvis) very wide variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Messenger" is Edwin's best record, by far, in my opinion! "Beautiful Life" never ceases to put me in a good mood. Plus, it's the second song I know of that mentions an El Camino. You can't go wrong with an El Camino in your song!

    Lyrically, the strongest song on there is "Ghosts of Jackson Square," though. Given that it's about New Orleans, I'm kind of surprised you didn't hear more of it post-Katrina. It would have been a perfect choice. The first and second verses have so much imagery:
    "Ghosts on the streets today, doorways of Jackson Square. In tinsel and tap shoes, mardi gras beads in her hair. Down to the graveyard, she wrung out her hands, as if he will meet her, all day she stands.

    We wish ourselves beautiful; we cry in the night. It's not the love you feared, but the fall from the height. Personal ledges, afraid to look down. My personal ledges, afraid to look down; my crepe-paper bridges, enough water to drown."

    Speaking of New Orleans, if you guys are not Marc Cohn fans, spend some time with him. His song "Dance back from the grave" is about post-Katrina New Orleans, and it's great. His song "Baby King" is the one Josh led in Glorious. I had been begging Eric to use it in Glorious for a few years, and when he finally did, everyone loved it. Cohn is an amazing songwriter and has a supremely soulful voice. One of my faves, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie: You have always had a wide aray of music tastes. Throw some new stuff in there! You'll be surprised what you can find on iturnes suggestions.

    Jackie: Thanks for adding the insightfulness I needed to this music post! Maybe you should do an guest post on your favorite music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, the thought both intimidates and excites me! Never sure I have that much interesting to say! :)

    ReplyDelete