Friday, February 25, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."                                                            
                                                                                                                                      Psalm 7:17


Things I am thankful for this week:

- People who hold me accountable for my Bible reading. There is a college student who asks me every Sunday night at worship how my Bible reading is going and what my verse is for this half of the month. It never fails. This week I was way behind in Leviticus and in memorization. Just knowing that this student is going to ask me this Sunday got my butt in gear. I caught up on my bible reading and got my verses down!

-I finished reading Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Acts. How exciting is that!

-Being finished with reading Leviticus. Honestly, some of those descriptions of skin diseases and discharge were disgusting!

-For Jesus Christ being the ultimate sacrifice. I am so thankful for him laying down his life for me and for all people. Reading Leviticus opened my eyes again to how incredible this gift is.

-For my fabulous mother who is always thinking of me. She is such a servant!

-For the fantastic people who are supporting me for London. I am up to $810!! Yay!

- For God using the circumstances in my life to reveal weaknesses in me and give me opportunities to grow in my relationship with him.

-Coca Cola and not the diet kind!

-Students who care enough about their grades to challenge me (respectfully of course). I had a student challenge an answer on a quiz. At first I was taken aback by what he was saying, but ultimately he had a very convincing argument. After we had it out in class I took him out into the hallway and we discussed it again. I ended up giving him half credit back because it wasn't the best answer. Then at the end of class he came and thanked me for giving him half credit, talk about humbling. I felt horrible about how I had talked to him, but he had the manners to thank me for it. Awesome.

-French pedicures and rainbow flip flops


What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment